Looking for some fun summer cupcakes? Here are some of the best flavors, recipes, and decorating ideas that include gluten free and dairy free options!
Summer is the perfect time to indulge in sweet treats, and what better way to do so than with these perfect summer cupcakes? Whether you’re hosting a pool party, attending a picnic, or just looking for a sweet snack, cupcakes are a great way to make an easy summer dessert. Let’s explore the best summer cupcake recipes including gluten-free and dairy free options, sourdough cupcakes, decorating ideas, and some summer cupcake toppers.
Summer Cupcake Flavors
If you are in the mood for different flavors, here are some fun summer cupcake flavors along with their recipes.
- Lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Strawberry shortcake cupcakes
- Pina colada cupcakes
- Watermelon cupcakes
- Orange creamsicle cupcakes (uses sour cream)
- Peach cobbler cupcakes
- Coconut lime cupcakes
- Key lime cupcakes
- Raspberry lemonade cupcakes
- Mango chili cupcakes
- Hot fudge sundae cupcakes
Gluten Free Cupcake Recipes
If you are sensitive to gluten, then this section is for you. Many of these recipes are dairy free, too!
- GF lemon blueberry cupcakes
- GF strawberry shortcake cupcakes
- GF piña colada cupcakes
- GF watermelon cupcakes
- GF orange creamsicle cupcakes
- GF peach cobbler cupcakes
- GF coconut lime cupcakes
- GF key lime pie cupcakes
- GF raspberry lemonade cupcakes
Dairy Free Cupcake Recipes
Check out these dairy free cupcake recipes! I couldn’t find all of the options in dairy free, but there were still a good many.
- DF blueberry lemon cupcakes
- DF strawberry shortcake cupcakes
- DF no bake watermelon cupcakes
- DF orange creamsicle cupcakes
- DF key lime cupcake
- DF raspberry lemonade cupcakes
- DF mango cupcakes
Holiday Summer Cupcake Ideas
Celebrate the warm holiday parties with some cupcakes!
Memorial Day and Fourth of July
- Memorial Day Firework Cupcakes
- Red White and Blue Cupcakes
- Firecracker Cupcakes
- 4th of July Cupcakes
Sourdough Cupcake Recipes
If you are sensitive to gluten, you may be able to tolerate sourdough cupcakes. Not only do they taste unlike gluten free cupcakes, they are also a lot healthier for you.
Struggling with food sensitivities? I get you! I was there, too!
What if I told you that you could have food freedom? You might be able to ditch your gluten free or dairy free life and enjoy all those foods that you miss. Are you interested?
Summer Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Try these fun summer cupcake ideas!
- Beach-themed cupcakes with blue frosting and graham cracker “sand”
- Lemonade cupcakes with a lemon frosting (or pink frosting with red food coloring for pink lemonade cupcakes) and a paper straw on top or even some lemon zest
- Simple summer cupcakes with fruit, such as strawberries, pineapple or fresh berries, for a refreshing summer treat
- S’mores cupcakes with chocolate cake, marshmallow frosting, and a graham cracker crumble on top
- Watermelon cupcakes with green frosting and chocolate chips for the seeds
- Festive cupcakes with colorful sprinkles and edible glitter for a festive summer look
- Sunflower cupcakes with yellow frosting and chocolate wafer cookies for the petals
- Ice cream cone cupcakes with a vanilla cake base and frosting that looks like ice cream scoops
- Popsicle cupcakes with brightly colored frosting and a popsicle stick as decoration
Summer Cupcake Toppers
- Beach Flip-Flop Cupcake Toppers
- Hawaii Themed Toppers
- Summer Sayings Toppers
- Sun Toppers
- Flower Toppers
- Sunflower Toppers
- Patriotic Toppers
If you need further inspiration, you can find more ideas in theis article about summer cakes. It has a ton of delicious recipes that you could easily convert to cupcakes and covers some more decorating ideas for your pool parties, summer bbq, and any other summer parties, too.
Again, if you are interested in food freedom where you can start eating all those foods and deserts that you miss so much, CLICK HERE to find out more! You won’t regret finding out more about how you can ditch food sensitivities and the restrictive diets.
I was gluten free, but now I eat gluten everyday. There are others that have reversed their dairy intolerance, too. Find out more!