Does Pro Metabolic eating keep you from enjoying food in the fall? It shouldn’t, because at the core of this lifestyle is the idea of food freedom. We shouldn’t have to skip desserts or other dishes we love even if we are trying really hard to heal our metabolism.
The key is to know what to look for in a recipe and what you can substitute to make a recipe Pro Metabolic. It’s as simple as knowing a few Pro Metabolic principles and foods.
Let’s flourish this fall season and enjoy all the delicious fall favorites!
A Few Pro Metabolic Principles.
If you know the pro metabolic principles concerning different pro metabolic foods than it is easy to take a recipe that is not pro metabolic and make it into one. Things to keep in mind and prioritize while baking are …
- Fats – You can easily substitute whatever fat or oil the recipe calls for coconut oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter
- Sweeteners – Use organic cane sugar, maple syrup, or honey instead
- Produce – Using organic fruit or those that fall within the Clean 15 EWG List will help minimize your intake of pesticides which are harder to digest.
- Rising Agents – Avoiding recipes with baking powder because it has cornstarch in it. Baking soda is better.
- Flour – Find sourdough or cassava flour recipes or at least swap the flour for organic flour
- Eggs – Use pasture rasied or range free eggs when you can
- Salt: If it calls for salt, use non-iodized salt like sea salt.
- Dairy: Choose Raw dairy or at least non-homogenized like Kolona Supernatural products. Organic yogurt is okay, too.
Fall Pro Metabolic Recipes
I have put together a Pinterest Board with some fall recipes for some Pro Metbaolic baking inspiration. The ones listed below are fall recipes with ingredients that have easy Pro Metabolic swaps or ones that don’t need any.
- Maple Apple Pies – This is made with a sourdough crust, but remember to use grass-fed butter, organic apples, and organic cane sugar.
- Apple Cassava Crumble – The only thing to me mindful of in the recipe is that it calls for pecans. Is this a big deal? Maybe, maybe not. If you are really trying to heal your metabolism, it might be best to forget the pecans, but if you are only having this once or at least sporadically, a few nuts won’t hurt you.
- Apple Cinnamon Swirl Sourdough Bread
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cassava Flour – Butter instead of avocado oil and make sure if you are using canned pumpkin puree that that is the only ingredient otherwise 1 ½ cup of fresh pumpkin puree will do the trick.
- Sourdough Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie with a Sourdough Pie Crust
- Pumpkin Bread – This would be super easy to switch out with cassava flour.
Sweet Potato Recipes
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Here is a marshmallow recipe you can use.
- Sweet Potato Pie – Substitue with organic heavy whipping cream and honey/maple syrup for the whipped cream.
If you have any questions about a recipe, please let me know in the comments below. I would love to help you as much as I can to have a wonderful fall season with all the good foods.
Let’s fully enjoy fall by feasting without comprising good health!
MORE ON HEALTHY LIVING!